The CEREC III
This CAD/CAM technology allows the dentist to design a ceramic tooth restoration chair side, using an optical impression of the damaged tooth. The veneer or crown is manufactured in the office while you wait. This eliminates the need for impressions and the patient to return for a second visit. The milled restoration is extremely precise, very durable, and made with a tooth-colored material which is anti-abrasive, and plaque resistant. What’s more, the ceramic matches your own tooth color!
What does CEREC mean to you?
CEREC has many practical advantages over laboratoyr fabricated conventional crowns:
1. No plastic impression taking
2. No second visit, weeks later
3. No temporary restoration
4. Tooth tissue is preserved
5. Biocompatible, metal-free restoration
6. Esthetic treatment result with long-term stability
CEREC has many practical advantages over conventional fillings:
1. Porcelain inlays and onlays help hold the tooth together to help prevent cracking of the tooth
2. The CEREC porcelain material wears against natural teeth better than metals or resins
3. The CEREC material is more dimensionally stable than metal or resin fillings
4. The restorations made from porcelain have superior esthetics when compared to amalgam fillings
5. The strength of the tooth restored with a bonded porcelain material is many times stronger than any other filling
The cost of a single CEREC restoration is less than a laboratory processed crown. If you have been told that you need a crown or if you have metal (amalgam) fillings that are old and needing replacement, there is no finer material, or technique, to restore your teeth back to function and appearance.